Friday, May 11, 2007

YES, YES YES!!! Welcome to lay-over central!

I finally have a truly happy post!! Yay!! Allow me, if you will, to set the scene....

I'm browsing through the fabric viewer, call DBF over to get his opinion on some fabbies for Mermaid of Atlantis (yes, I couldn't resist).... so we're browsing, then suddenly, in a rather loud voice, " AWWWWW.... SILKWEAVER WAS HAVING A BONUS BATCH OF SOLOS!!!"
I thought I had missed it.... so I immediately jump over there and AMAZINGLY, I was able to get TWO fabrics. To my DBF, "OH MY GOSH!!! I CAN PUT THEM IN MY CART!!!" lol... to anyone who knows SOLOS knows you have to be quick to get the ones you want. Added to this, I NEVER get to snatch any up since I'm at work when the usually post during the day so this was SUCH a nice suprise!! (and I needed it!). Sadly, DBF just doesn't understand the sweet wiles of fabrics, but he was happy that I was happy. :)

Soooo.... thanks to the SWEET Noreen, I was able to do a layover of MoA on both fabbies that I chose. I think I like the first one best, but its hard to say - I think they are both beautiful!!

First....


Second....



I'm still learning Photoshop, so I don't know how to get rid of the wording, but you get the idea. :) I'm so extremely pleased!!

Ahem.... I also decided to join the TOTM club at SMF (about a day after I questioned the price lol). It is the opalescent selection, but I have some regulars thrown in for good measure.

Also, I don't have the following fabric in this layover, but what do you all think? I'm still trying to choose a fabric for Crystal Symphony.



And lookie here!! An actual STITCHING update! lol Pssst.... do those bunnies look like they are trying to make more bunnies? lol :::removing mind from gutter:::



As always, thanks for stopping by :)

XOXO,

Carolyn

18 comments:

Jenn said...

Congrats on the fabric you were able to get. Rainbow bridge is coming along nicely.

Carla said...

MoA looks great on both fabrics, but the first one is my favorite :)
Your stitching is beautiful

BeckySC said...

That is a hard call, they both look perfect for the design!

Rainbow Bridge is looking good.

Have a lovely weekend :)

Michelle said...

Both Solos look great for MoA - the first one I might be leaning toward a little more. I think the fabric you chose for Crystal Symphony is perfect too. Congrats on getting your Solos, I've never had any luck with that. Your Rainbow Bridge looks great - but I may have to avert my eyes from the bunnies from now on. LOL

Sue said...

What a decision to make about MoA, both those solo's are gorgeous. If I had to choose though I think I would go with the second one, it just catches my eye more ;)

sugardoll said...

Hey Carolyn, looks like you are having fun with your new program =) I'm glad!

Tip! tip! To get rid of those wording i usually just make my fabric picture bigger in size. Make sure you have selected your photo to be adjusted. Go to image>image size>then adjust the width and size of the picture. Until it's big enough for you to crop the wording without compromising the other effect of the areas. YOu can also shrink your gif file to fit.

***If the GIF file is about 500x400 make sure when you adjust the image size of your fabric to give enough allowance example 550x350 etc. (this
is for those pictures to be overlayed with sizes that doesnt match up.)

For something like that first fabric of MoA, I would recommend to get rid of the wording by using the stamp tool. To stamp at the sidebar menu there should be what looks like a stamp pad (5th picture on the left side downwards). To stamp you pick the area of your fabric you want to be cloned, press alt+left click on that area, and then ran your cursor to the wordings that should erase and clone the area you selected. Just keep alt+left click if the target moves further.

Hope this helped!

Dawn T. said...

I like the first fabby for MoA. I had to laugh at the bunnies:)

Have a great weekend!

sugardoll said...

Sorry hun, I kinda messed up with those numbers up there...IT's suppose to be 500x400 and 550x450. I'm so dumb when it has to do with math and numbers. So please, forgive the human! =D

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats on getting some SOLOs! I like the first lay-over best. Makes me think of the bottom of the ocean with sand and water.

For the second piece I don't think that's quite right... too many blues.

You're right those bunnies look like they're up to no good!

Hazel said...

For MOA def the first one! Looks kinda sea-ish. Well done on getting fabric! xx

Sara said...

Congrats on getting the solos!

I vote fabric #1 for MoA, I like the way the color changes better though it will be lovely with either one.

stitcherw said...

Congratulations on getting both solos that you wanted. I've gotten several pieces from silkweavers, but never a solo. Both pieces are lovely for MoA, but I think I like the second one a little more. The one you show for Crystal Symphony is beautiful, and you've made great progress on Rainbow Bridge.
Sue

bells said...

Woohoo!! Congrats on the new stash!! I'm loving both fabbies for your mermaid (I know, I'm no help...I'm a terrible decision-maker).
And your fabby for Crystal Symphony looks AWESOME!
I cannot wait to see some WIP piccies!
Great progress on Rainbow Bridge...and yes, now that you mention it, it does look like those fuzzy lil bunnies are "up to no good"...lol...

Cheryl said...

I like the first one too. Can't wait to see you start this piece! I had a good laugh at the bunnies :)

Novia said...

Love the fabbies, I knew how difficult it's with Solo especially with different time zones :-(

I love the first solo for MoA.

LOL on the bunnies...

Jamie said...

Maybe I'm too late but I LOVE the first one. I like RB a lot - I love it!!!

Susan said...

I'm sure I am late as well, but I really like the first one too. Lucky you to get some solos!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Carolyn, thank you so much for your suppor through my cancer scare.