Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Not feelling too great.....

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a few days and, unfortunately, have no photos to bombard this post with. Just came to whine a bit. Stayed home from work - which I truly hate since I just returned from vacation and its so busy :( I don't to get into the nitty gritty details - just don't feel very good. :::::sigh::::::: Haven't even gotten any stitching in. When I get home from work tomorrow, I'll be sure to post an update on RB and I can think of a UFO that I'll post a picture of as I think it'll help me to finish it (it was one of my first projects - and its so close to being done - I've just need to fninsh/redo backstitching, embellishments, etc... ).

I just remembered! I do have something very worthwhile, IMHO, to add today - I found this link from the Victoria Sampler site - it has tutorials for all kinds of specialty stitches and is just wonderful! Makes me want to try one of those houses by Elizabeth Designs that I love - but was too afraid to get due to all of those specialty stitches!! Here it is for those who might be interested. (hope this is okay to post)

Thats all for today - I'm sorry friends. :(

XOXO,

Carolyn

8 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Carolyn, most specialty stitches aren't as scary as they seem. The VS site is awesome!

You just need to get out a piece of "doodle fabric" and try it.

The best advice I can give when you're doing the stitches is don't count the holes in your fabric... count the threads. For example bring the thread up at x count over 4 fabric threads and up four fabric threads and go down that hole. It really makes figuring out where you're supposed to go up or down much easier.

Best of luck and go try a few!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the link! Hope today is a better day for you :)

Jamie said...

I need to practice some specialty stitches! Thanks for the links. I hope you are starting to feel better. I hate missing work too.

Dawn T. said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Angi said...

That's a great site for tutorials! I love specialty stitches, they always look harder than they are!! I hope you feel better soon! *hugs*

Sue said...

Sorry you're not feeling well. That's a bummer. Hope you'll be better and back to stitching soon.

sugardoll said...

Hope you feel better soon hun!

You know i stitched one of their (victorias sampler) free chart 'baby's first christmas' and i actually learned how to do rhodes heart using their helpful animations. Also accidentally learned french knots with the aid of the animation. I have one of their heart sampler that i won on ebay, it's really pretty. I don't know how pretty a job i would do, though. I'll keep my fingers crossed. =D ((hugs))

stitcherw said...

Sorry that you had such a rough day, hopefully things are better now. I love the Elizabeth Design patterns, they are so pretty. Now that you have the link to the specialty stitches, which one of her patterns are you thinking about?
Sue