Sunday, March 25, 2007

Heh... I'm bummed

I've been trying to think that my Dad's skin cancer isn't all that much to worry about (because, well, I guess lung cancer or lymphoma or other types of cancer just seem so much worse), but I am worried :( I mean, cancer is cancer, right? I'll just feel better once its removed and any testing the docs have to do come back clear.

In other news, Vanessa (magicmonster) from the Mira board and I are going to do a SAL (my first, no less!) of Rainbow Bridge by Sue Hillis. It has the sweetest poem - it warms my heart and makes me all teary-eyed at the same time. If anyone would like to participate, please let me know (I just ordered it, so I'm way behind Vanessa). Here's a picture:

Hmm... come to think of it, I need to get myself a larger piece of fabric for this piece. While at ABCstitch, I also ordered a couple of items off of my wishlist (Mermaids of the Deep & a Calico Crossroads design) along with all the "fixings" to do the Pixies my Mirabilia and some of their sale/clearance stuff.
Also, I'm still plugging away on Tinker Bell and I have to say - I HATE this kit. It was so poorly charted and I just don't like the way its turning out. I'm determined to finish it though - I just need to complete the wings, a tiny bit of backstitching and her wand.
Anyway, I guess thats all for tonight.
XOXO,
Carolyn

6 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

I think we all worry when we hear about the big "c"

I hope your Dad will be ok!

Debs said...

I don't blame you for worrying about your dad. I hope everything will be ok in the end.

Keep your chin up and we are all here for you. :)

I look forward to seeing your Tinker Bell. I still love your fabby choice!

sugardoll said...

Sending positive thoughts to your dad from me. I hope it's nothing serious.

Love that rainbow bridge design. Can't wait to see a wip. =)

Andie said...

*hugs* I hope your Dad is all okay really quickly!! Its really horrible when a parent is ill. Prayers for your Dad.

BeckySC said...

I hope your dad will be OK. MY best friend AND her hubby are cancer survivors....and yesterday at church we recognized all the cancer survivors in our congregation....there were 14. I hope that will give you hope. Sending lot's of posivitve thoughts to you and your family. Keeping you all in my prayers.

Hazel said...

Mmm I have seen someone else doing that design at the moment. Can'r remember who it is tho.
xx