Well, I'm very proud of myself! I officially framed my Dad's birthday gift! I stretched it out onto the matboard, got the decorative mat and stuck it all in the frame. It looks good too if I do say so myself! Now here's the teaser... I'll post a picture tomorrow. :) Its dark here and I'd like to get it when the sun is out. :)
I also spent a few hours with my Mom today which was nice since I don't get to see her all that often. Also, instead of Hobby Lobby, I went to Michael's to get my decorative mat - I ended up buying three so I could choose the one I liked best (and at 2.99, it wasn't too bad - even acid free!). I also went to B&N and got the newest (for the states anyway) issues of World of Cross Stitching and The Cross Stitcher. So, 3 out of 4 of my "to-do" list isn't too bad!
I do have a couple of questions for whomever might have an answer:
1. whats this Gift of Stitching I hear so much about? I've gone to the website, but they appear to be dedicated mostly to folksy, sampler type designs. Is there more inside that I just *must* have?
2. Are there any U.S. readers who subscribe to any of the UK stitching mags? If you do, do you get the issue relatively soon after its release? Because when I buy them from the bookstore, I'm lucky to get the issue from the month that we're in - sometimes even from the month before!
I think thats it for the night. Have a wonderful and safe St. Patrick's Day!
XOXO,
Carolyn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment